3 lb potatoes
1 Large Onion
1 Bay Leaf (optional)
1 lb curly kale (We sell pre-chopped kale!)
1 teaspoon salt
1 lb smoked sausage
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp butter
- Peel and dice potatoes and onion.
- Clean, trim, and slice kale
- Add potatoes, onion, kale, bay leaf, a pinch of salt, and cover with water.
- Cover and boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced.
- Prepare sausage, we usually fry it in some butter. Then slice it up into bite sized pieces.
- Remove bay leaf, drain water, mash vegetables.
- Add milk and butter
- Add in sausage.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and cut potatoes and boil until soft. Start sausage.
- Add milk, 1/2 cup and butter 1/4 cup or less.
- Stir in sauerkraut and heat until hot.
- Serve with sausage and apple sauce.
(Using Nasi Goreng spice mix)
400g rice (white is preferred)
400g unsalted pork (optional)
100g chopped bacon (optional)
250g vegetables (any variety, we usually skip this ingredient)
2 eggs (or an egg per person)
2 tbsp oil
- Cook rice (day old cold rice for different flavor)
- Mix Nasi Goreng spice mix in 100ml boiling water (at least for 10 min.)
- Fry pork and bacon.
- Add onion and nasi mix.
- Add vegetables and rice.
- Serve with fried eggs. Optional: sambal, ketjap manis, peanut sauce, atjar tjampoer, or kroepoek